Submissions will be accepted starting January 6, 2021.
We are honored to help 2021 high school graduates throughout our community pursue higher education and foster advancement in the fields of business and finance. This scholarship is open to 2021 high school graduates who are planning on attending an accredited, degree-granting institution of higher education as a full-time student and anticipate studying business or the financial field.
Cornerstone Bank will award sixteen $2,000 scholarships to students throughout the community who best demonstrate achievement and high standards in academics, extracurricular activities, and community involvement. The recipients will also best demonstrate how the study of business or finance relates to their career goals.
Criteria to Apply
- The student must be a 2021 high school graduate.
- Student must reside within 10 miles of a Cornerstone Bank branch or office.
- The student must anticipate being a full-time student at an accredited, degree-granting institution of higher education.
- The student must anticipate studying in a business or financial field.
- The student must demonstrate achievement and high standards in academics, extracurricular activities, and community involvement.
- The student must submit an official transcript and GPA from their guidance office.
- The student must choose one of the below prompts and submit a one page typed essay.
- Are there any challenges you have had to overcome in your high school career?
- What are your goals for the future, and how will this scholarship assist you in meeting them?
Deadline, Submission and Selection
- Applications must be submitted or postmarked to Cornerstone Bank by April 5, 2021. Any application received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Cornerstone Bank Scholarship Committee; P.O. Box 370; Southbridge, MA 01550.
- Selected recipients will be announced by the week of May 24, 2021.
- Once recipients have been selected, they will need to submit a photo, a photo release form, and a small “about me” blurb to be featured on our website and press releases.
Guidelines to Receive Scholarship Funds
- Cornerstone Bank will award the scholarship at the recipients 2021 class day or graduation ceremony.
- Scholarship funds will be disbursed to the student after successful completion of the 1st semester, with passing grades, and upon presentation of an official copy of the 1st semester transcript and 2nd semester bill.
- Tuition statements and transcripts can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Cornerstone Bank Scholarship Committee; P.O. Box 370; Southbridge, MA 01550.
- Download and complete the application here.
- Forward the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Cornerstone Bank Scholarship Committee; P.O. Box 370; Southbridge, MA 01550.
- Make sure to attach the essay and any additional documents.
- Once you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Please expect to receive information regarding your registration and additional financial education information at the email address you provide on the application.